STC recently updated its comprehensive 1-hour webinar training program focused on how front-line motor carrier employees should interact with independent contractors (ICs). With recent court decisions in California, and Biden Administration actions overturning Trump Administration Department of Labor policies, this training is especially relevant and timely.
This unique training program is designed to be delivered to individual fleets, and it provides fleet employees (e.g., dispatchers, operations personnel and others who regularly interact with ICs) with:
- Background and context on why IC status is important and how the govt enforces it;
- An explanation and understanding of 5 ‘bright line’ standards to follow;
- A long list of proper terminology to use when communicating orally and in writing with ICs;
- More than 20 common IC-related challenges that fleets face, coupled with recommended solutions and best practices; and,
- Additional ways for the company and its front-line workers to fortify its IC model.
STC delivers this training using a comprehensive power point presentation, and either (1) a Zoom platform, which allows for interaction/Q&A throughout the webinar or, (2) a GoToWebinar platform where all fleet participants are muted during the presentation, followed by online Q&A after the prepared power point presentation. Fleets that book this training receive a copy of the power point presentation, and also have the option to receive a recorded version of the webinar.
To learn more, or to book this training for your front-line managers and supervisors, contact STC Co-Director P. Sean Garney firstname.lastname@example.org