What We Do
Scopelitis Transportation Consulting LLC (STC) is a specialized consulting and advisory business that serves the evolving safety, regulatory, compliance and business needs of the transportation industry. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Scopelitis, Garvin, Light, Hanson & Feary law firm (the Firm), STC is designed to augment the professional services of the Firm. STC is based just outside of Washington, DC in Arlington, VA, and serves motor carriers, trucking technology companies, transportation associations and other transportation-related businesses throughout the U.S. STC’s staff, along with its Associates, bring more than 100 years of combined transportation-related experience and knowledge.
STC service and advisory offerings expand and vary to meet the current and future needs of its transportation clientele. STC quickly reacts to changes in the transportation industry by providing advisory and implementation services to clients to help ease the process of adapting to ever-changing rules and regulations. STC’s services include:
- Company polices: STC helps carriers develop complete fleet safety policies as well as issue specific policies in many arenas including Drug and Alcohol Testing, Distracted Driving, Electronic Logging Devices and On-board Monitoring Devices, among others.
- Mock Audits: STC assists in the preparation for DOT audits and conducts mock audits both on-site and remotely. Our audits are comprehensive in scope and follow UD DOT protocol.
- Gap Analysis: STC performs detailed gap analyses of carriers’ safety policies and programs to understand its effectiveness and how they compare to industry best practices.
- CSA Score Improvement: STC works with carriers to understand the forces negatively impacting a carriers CSA score and helps devise a plan to improve them in the future.
- General Consultations: STC leverages its experience and deep industry relationships to consult on a range of motor carrier-related safety, technology, regulatory and compliance issues.
- Program implementation: STC works with carriers to help them implement new programs and policies, ensure they compliant with regulatory requirements and analyze their success.
- Virtual webinars and on-site training: STC delivers trainings on a wide variety of topics both virtually and in person. Contact us for the latest list.
- Written content: STC has many vendor and carrier partnerships to help deliver timely content on the latest trends in compliance, research, safety and other topics to help carriers develop efficient, safe and compliant operations. STC provides consulting services on a range of trucking-related safety, technology, regulatory and compliance issues. STC helps carriers and industry service providers navigate the rules of trucking and helps answer the tough compliance questions.
- Keynote presentations: STC has strong experience delivering keynote presentations on hot topics to industry groups and companies.
- Government relations services: STC assists motor carriers and industry vendors interact with government to address concerns or fix problems. Its success comes from its deep relationships with U.S. Department of Transportation personne
STC is retained by clients either on a project basis, hourly, or on a monthly retainer basis with a monthly fee based on amount of assistance needed. Contact P. Sean Garney, firstname.lastname@example.org or 202 728 2853 for more information.